Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times

My weekend had the worst of times.   Our dear friend H lost her battle with cancer.  Her courage and determination was an inspiration to all who knew her.  A truly beautiful person who fought so hard to stay.  To know her was to love her....and I thank her wonderful husband for allowing us to see her in hospital to say goodbye....it broke our hearts but she looked very peaceful...sending our love to all her family and many many friends....  Life will not be the same without you in it. I will think of you often and always with memories of the wonderful times we shared. Farewell my beautiful friend.

Our beautiful friend H in happier times...she was undergoing chemotherapy at the time but
still came to celebrate my daughters 30th birthday....she was so courageous

Our gorgeous Gbaby on his new bike....Happy Birthday precious boy.
The weekend was also my Gbaby's 3rd birthday...very hard to keep a smile on our face...our friend was losing her battle with cancer.  It reaffirmed for me that the circle of life continues.  Deep sadness and heartache can be momentarily replaced with joy as you watch your beautiful grandson ride his new bike.  It is comforting in it's own way that the human spirit can process your grief and still allow you to do find joy. Life is precious...enjoy every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment