Friday 14 March 2014

Friday's Feast.....

 
It's been a long hard week...to top it off my computer died and I had to get a new one and have all of my old data and software reloaded.....I can hear you all groaning and feeling my pain as this process is never straight forward....things go missing...programs don't load...everything looks different because I now run on Windows 7....my old computer was in desperate need of an update but the process is quite daunting.....thankfully the guy loaded a remote access to my computer and he can fix it up from his place in Brighton....amazing.....I've been to my writing group today and now I have no excuses not to get back to work on "the book".......if I ever finish it.....it may wind up in the Guinness Book of Records as the slowest book to ever be written....this project of mine has been going on for quite a few years and I only have a few chapters done.....Have re-evaluated my procrastination....I don't want to have so many unfinished things on the go at one time...need to finish up several of my projects....the book, the mosaic, the quilt, the paintings I have on the go and my knitting...thankfully the vegie garden keeps producing even though it has been somewhat neglected this week.....
 
The beautiful colours of the vegies picked today from the garden

A quick trip around the garden this morning produced this lovely little selection of goodies.....I sound like a broken record but it is so satisfying to be able to grow food when you have no experience at all.....just the internet and a couple of organic gardening books......I never thought is would be as simple as this....but then that's what people did in the past....if they didn't grow it they went without....and they did it without the internet....just on the process being passed down the generations.....why did most people stop doing that....what else have we lost that hasn't been passed down to this generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment