Thursday 13 March 2014

Life is a Patchwork..........

Tuesday we farewelled our beautiful friend.....the funeral was a celebration of her life attended by around a thousand people...amazing...her handmade quilts and artwork were displayed........My family and I shed loads of tears, but also shared laughter......home movies and photo montage........her courageous children spoke of their love for their mother and her husband spoke lovingly of the life he shared with her.....they made us laugh and broke our hearts.....live music, cello and violin.....a close friend sang a very beautiful song for her...her wicker coffin, which I had never seen before, was so Heather.....she would have loved everything that her family prepared so carefully for her.....She had packed so much into her 46 years...She was vivacious with  a beautiful smile and infectious laugh....she loved life and adored her family, and I was so lucky to have her as my friend.....She left us way too soon and the patchwork of my life is missing a piece....time will heal the pain, but the memories will last forever....rest in peace my friend.

 
The beautiful handout from the service....a patchwork of some of  her creations....she was inspiring...

1 comment: