Wednesday 25 June 2014

Back from the Brink....

I've left the despair of the last few weeks behind me and am hopefully getting life back to normal...as normal as possible anyway.  Sunday saw us attending our monthly luncheon...a Sunday Solstice & Curry Munch !!  Hosts Jan and Al surprised us with a sumptuous range of dishes using curry sauces made from scratch...Beef Rendang , Chicken curry, curry Potato, lentil and eggplant dal....loads of goodies with rice and homemade pappadams...and raita !!  She excelled herself...also accompanied by a lovely shredded salad timbale with an amazing dressing supplied by the big K.   My offering was a Hummingbird cake to help celebrate a recent birthday....was asked to bring "The Sponge" but once again that was a dismal failure....go figure.

Smiles all round as we tucked into a Super Solstice Celebratory Curry Munch.

A variety of goodies on offer...all on my plate.

Forgot to take a photo of my cake until we had almost consumed it...it tasted pretty good if I do say so.

Monday saw me back to my usual routine...taking the G baby off to his sports morning...my Monday's with this little guy are so precious....he is our little ray of sunshine....the sport to learn this week was T Ball....he loved it...you can't see all of the other kids but there are about 8 of them in this class.

My G Baby all set for a big swing...he loves running around and always has a smile for the camera !!

Getting his achievement certificate for the end of term from teachers Jane and Helen.
Life is a bit upside down and turned around at the moment....but I've helped where I can ...done my best and will continue to support whenever and wherever I can.  I've sourced outside help for my dad to help him with his difficult journey ahead....fingers crossed he will be receptive to their efforts.  For now I will just keep smiling and getting on with my life....My man turns 60 next week and we have a large party booked at his Golf Club...need to turn my attention to that now.  Happy days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment