Tuesday 26 November 2013

Living Well Everyday.......

 Am now back home after having surgery last week........an experience that I have managed to come through quite well all things considered......The very drugs that keep you alive and stop your pain however wreak havoc on your body....and the hospital certainly wasn't offering any organic food.....in fact the food was pretty awful..........makes me feel very aware that I now need to sustain my system with healthy foods to combat the chemical overload that I have been bombarded with over the past 8 days......

It has made me think back to when I first started seriously undertaking the need to eat organic, whole foods wherever possible......and the reminder of the dirty dozen list that warns of the high chemical load that these fruits and vegies carry.... ..I have listed them here to remind not just myself but anyone who is reading this also......even if you can't manage to eat all organic fruit and veg at least try to ensure you avoid the chemical laden variety of the following.........

1. Apples
2. Celery
3. Sweet bell peppers
4. Peaches
5. Strawberries
6. Nectarines – imported
7. Grapes
8. Spinach
9. Lettuce
10. Cucumbers
11. Blueberries – domestic
12. Potatoes


Plus: Green beans, Kale/Greens – May contain residues of special concern


I can't wait until I am well enough to get back to my gorgeous organic vegie shop in Kallista and buy the beautiful seasonal , organic produce........wishing everyone good health...

Some of the flowers that I received from well wishers 

On a happy note I have finally managed to overcome the slug problem.....no the rolled up newspaper did not work.....I bought little containers from Bunnings that I put in the ground...filled with beer ...and voila the slugs quite happily it seems....drank themselves to oblivion.....a well spent $8 I think....the seedlings are all now popping up beautifully....can't wait until the new year when the vegie garden will once again be full with gorgeous veg......
This is the weird looking little slug trap from Bunnings....I also threw red petal
into the garden.....a website advised that slugs don't like red !!...who knows
between the beer and the petals....no slugs ...yay !!


Some of the winter crops now ready for harvest....the garlic bulbs drying out...
just need to clean them up and plait and hang.....delicious organic garlic !

No comments:

Post a Comment