Wednesday 26 June 2013

Love Food, Hate Waste campaign...

As always still trying to do my bit for the planet, environment and now also my pocket....in the past I have been known to waste food, throwing away things that I could have put to better use if I was better prepared and more aware of what I was doing......life changes and my lifestyle has changed now in so many ways.....anything that can't be salvaged is either fed to the chooks, put in the worm farm for those guys to digest or else put into the compost.........had a few left over bananas that were on their last legs and turned them into a delicious banana cake....very easy recipe and would have cost less than a dollar to make....I was pretty impressed with myself...

Yummy banana cake made from the bananas going brown in the fruit bowl..................
 Then I had a barbeque chicken which we had used all of the meat from and decided that instead of tossing  it into the bin....can't feed it to the dogs, chooks or worms........I would make it into stock.....added a few vegies and boiled it up and used it for last nights risotto ......only problem is I have the left over cooked remains and had to bin them....don't know of any use for them...anyone out there use the remnants for anything useful...............??

Left overs from making the chicken stock........any ideas what it could be used for.....???
Am always now looking for ways to make our food go further..........using local organic foods wherever possible, free range, organic and locally sourced chicken and meats also.......it can be tricky but well worth the effort it in the end.....wishing good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment