Sunday 23 February 2020

Flash Floods and Favorites for February...........!!

The weather is such a mystery so far this year....... extreme heat, bushfires, hail, cold wet days, lovely sunny days and then flash floods......I was caught up in this one last week ...took a picture of the water and landslide over the road on my way down the mountain from Emerald... the rain was absolutely torrential....!
Flash flooding on the road.
While gardening this little guy ran across my foot....gave me a bit of a fright but I dashed inside to get my phone to take his picture....it's not a good shot as he was rushing to get away from me ... he was way more scared of me than I had been of him....the colours were amazing so I did a google to see what kind of spider he was.... St Andrews Cross spider...really love the diversity of criters that live in our permaculture garden ...a call out to anyone using pesticides or chemicals in the garden...Please Don't !!

St Andrews Cross Spider in my garden
This is what they actually look like when photographed correctly !!! ..just sayin'..
Professional look at a St Andrews spider...amazing
A lovely bunch of flowers from my man ....... we don't really do Valentine's day but they were a lovely surprise.
Flowers from the Willow Branch....  lovely florist and we always try to support the locals.
Currently reading this book for the second time.... one of the ladies at bookclub mentioned it and I knew I owned a copy but read it so long ago forgot the storyline....loving it second time around...funny about that. 
My interest of late has been spiked by the use of medicinal herbs... I follow this lady on instragram and managed to get hold of her latest book..... it's a little out there but has definately encouraged me to look at Herbal Apothecary and growing more of my own herbs.
Marysia is a Green Witch... all about gardening, weeds and herbs.. don't be fooled by the title 
I took a quick trip to Korumburra to check out a couple of local stores... Grow Lightly is a great community produce store....all the veg are grown locally and chemically free... great price and to top it off they have milk in glass bottles for just $3.80...
.............so happy to support local farmers.

Milk in Glass !!    .... Hooray
Sunday was my birthday... had a beautiful day and as always received  loads of love and beautiful gifts... very thankful for my wonderful family and friends.

61 now...officially in my sixties.
The latest Green Tea pic ..from The Borough Dept Store cafe.....
had the most delicious Ginger cake... highly recommend it if you are ever down that way.

The obligatory green tea pic... they just keep getting more and more quirky.  
Here's hoping Autumn gives us the beautiful late summer weather that is my favourite time of year. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for Sunday the ginger cake looks great. I just watched Nigella's latest series of show and she made a carrot cake with chopped up ginger in it and it looked amazing. The book of herb/magic looks interesting. See if you can get this book from the library "Natural Remedies" an A-Z of cures for Health and Wellbeing by Mim Beim it's good too. Have a great week. Kathy, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for Sunday, same as our eldest son's partner. Was the Borough Cafe in Korumburra? I make ahoney/ginger cake from a very old recipe. Ah, your spider was familiar, as we had one here about 2 years ago for around 3 months with his beautifully made cross & I talked to him every day & called him Andy, then he just disappeared. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Susan the cafe is in Korumburra. thanks for the birthday wishes. :-)

      Delete
  3. A belated happy birthday to you.

    Oh my that is a lot of rain, looks similar to what we have had here for the past month. I hope it puts paid to any more forest fires for a while. That spider is amazing, what lovely stripes!

    ReplyDelete