Monday 10 February 2020

Finding February ......!!!

Just when you think things are settling a little we get hit with cyclones, torrential rain and floods following our catastrophic bushfires .... personally we also suffered localised hail stones on Friday that pelted our caravan just as we were hitching up to go away for the weekend. ...lots of small dents peppering the roof and some on the sides... a call to the insurer is required, but after so much calamity already facing the country it could be a long wait.  .... We still took off for 3 nights to Stratford....the weather wasn't kind to us but we still had a lovely time....We took a quick trip in to Maffra and I fell in love with this gorgeous tree in the main street....it was incredible.!

Enormous tree in the main street of Maffra...I think it's a Morton Bay Fig.
The beautiful mass of huge branches forming the canopy


Full of all sorts of nooks & crannies
A different aspect from every angle....amazing
The exposed root system...such an incredible tree
We had a lovely visit from our G-Boy for a day during the school holidays....a trip out to a local cafe for lunch....Pancakes of course..... followed by a matinee session of Dr Dolittle remake....which I have to admit I totally enjoyed..
(I saw the original with Rex Harrison when I was 9 years old )......... but so much to love about  Robert Downey Junior !!

My G-boy tucking in to his pancakes
We've had a pair of blackbirds nest in our yard again this year and they've raised 3 different nests of eggs over a couple of months ...had no idea they could do this...twice in the same nest and then again in a new nest in the grapevine....the babies fledge very early and hop around the garden instead of flying off and the parents continue to feed them.... my furry girls were way too interested in the baby birds......eventually they have all managed to fly and feed themselves.

If you look closely you can see one of the baby birds in the bush waiting for a feed from mum or dad.
What would a post be without another quirky cup of geen tea !!
Loved this pottery teapot with the eclectic mix of crockery
Last night was a super Full Moon...unfortunately so overcast didn't even get a glimpse !!
I like to think it could have looked something like this. 
There is something so fantastic about the full moon. 

9 comments:

  1. I can see why your Grandson was enjoying his pancake, that looks delicious. Beautiful having the baby birds around, Mother Nature is wonderful isn't it [well except for the bushfires, cyclones and floods] now I think about it. Have a good week Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mother nature is not happy .... she is venting her anger across the globe :-(

      Delete
  2. What an amazing tree, I bet that was wonderful to look at in real life. I am sorry to hear that you have had dents in your caravan, I do hope you can get the insurance sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people over here needing insurance claims, my husband waited for 45mins and didn't even get through...we may need to wait a few weeks...so many with much bigger concerns than our caravan. My heart goes out to them.

      Delete
  3. Love that tree! My son would say that it's a perfect climbing tree. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly looks like a Moreton Bay Fig. Good to get away to Stratford & help the economy of our poor coastal towns. There is a nice quilt shop in Stratford too. Must see if we can meet for a cuppa one day. Our blackbirds have just had a treat as we un-netted the blueberries so they could polish of the last bitty ones. All gone now. Take care. BTW, we didn't get the hail, but 39mm of rain in a few hours this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan....would definitely like to meet up for that cuppa. :-)

      Delete
    2. Just me again & haven't been able to find an email address on your blog, so mine is my firstnamedotsurname49atbigponddotcom I thought Little Teacups might be nice for a cuppa when you have time. Thanks.

      Delete