Sunday 28 July 2019

Reconnecting with Family .... !!

I have recently reconnected with my cousin who I hadn't seen in over 40 years...Her father was my mum's brother......there was no reason just our families didn't stay in close contact. ..... A huge regret because she is amazing and I love spending time with her...  It's so interesting thinking about the family dynamic and what happens when families don't keep in touch ....  My cousin and I have so many things in common and similar taste in so many things it is a little spooky...that genetic connection I suppose .. she is nine years younger than I am which was heaps when I was a teenager, but time and lots of years seem to bridge the age gap...  She is a delight and I treasure the relationship we are forging.    The weekend saw us taking a road trip together to Eldorado (near her old home town of Wangaratta).....loved it.  We stayed in Yellow Cottage at Eldorado.....it was great...loads of laughs and years of catching up over meals, open fires, pubs, wineries and cafes....not to mention the three hours each way in the car !!. 

Our accommodation.....really lovely charm filled cottage.
On our travels we found a local Gin Distillery..... I've never experienced one before and it was fantastic.  We did a Gin tasting of several different kinds.... I'm not really big on gin, definitely need something delicious and lots of ice added to it for me... but I did come away with a lovely bottle of Gin !!
Gin Distillery just outside of Milawa

My lovely cousin outside the rustic tin distillery house.

So much lovely old architecture around the area.....love the tiny bell tower on this church.
 My greatest wish for my own family is that they will always stay in touch
 and never loose that connection with  sisters,
 brothers, aunties, uncles and cousins... 

Couldn't resist an update on this little minx.... 
she already sleeps through the night  ...Her mum and auntie certainly didn't do that  !

10 Weeks old and sleeping through the night ..... what bliss !!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip...it's always great to have like minded interests. OMG your Granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter is gorgeous. How wonderful to reconnect with a relative after so long and get on so well, I hope you have many happy years forging lovely memories together.

    ReplyDelete